— November 7th 2015 —
Starting At 8 AM Eastern Time, A 24 hour Charity Stream Extravaganza:
1up Mushroom for the Accessible Reproductive Healthcare!!
The past two years of Extra Life, spurred mostly by Ian’s verve and Nick’s organzational efforts, have been amazing. We were so touched and honored to get your donations for the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore in the Bronx–an overly-exuberant and hearty thanks to everyone who donated! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!! This year for our 24 hour Charity Stream Extravaganza we decided to go with a different cause, one that is especially dear to our hearts. You know what’s great?? Planned Parenthood! You know who provides necessary low to no-cost healthcare to millions of women in this country? Planned Parenthood!! Three cheers for Planned Parenthood!!! Rah Rah Rah!!
I can’t overstate how important Planned Parenthood is. They are on the front lines, providing vital healthcare to millions of women, men, and, especially, young people all over the country. They’re also a constant target because of the important work they do. So on November 7th, 2015 starting at 8 AM Eastern (give or take half an hour!), come support Planned Parenthood with us at www.bossdoors.tv
Ways you (yes, you!) can participate!
- Share the link to the donation info page! 1upmushroomforthebabies.com
- Tweet Tumble etc. support for Planned Parenthood, your donations, game suggestions, and just spread the word with the official hashtag #BD4PP2015
- Leave game suggestions! Since it doesn’t look like you can make a comment with your donation, be sure to either Tweet your donation and game request to @fastkarate using #BD4PP2015 or fill in what games you’d like to see played in the Donor Requests section over at 1upmushroomforthebabies.com/suggest
- Play games with us! Like last year, we’ll have an evening block for group games such as Fibbage, so bring your lying britches!
- Participate in other ways! Join the chat on November 7th at bossdoors.tv/chat, make your own promo art, craft your most devious Mario Maker levels to share and torture us with, brainstorm terrible anime to inflict on Ian, and suggest things for Dave to bake at 2 A.M!
- And please DONATE if you can!
And, in the meantime, you can sate yourself with highlights from previous years:
The Middle of The Night Spoops!
Ian Suffering at the Hands of the Diabolical DG_Nick!
And His Moments Of Triumph!
And this year we might actually remember to turn the in-game volume down (if someone reminds us to! <3)
Here is Planned Parenthood’s own statement on why it needs our support:
Out-of-touch politicians are trying to eliminate funding to Planned Parenthood health centers – taking health care away from millions of women, men, and young people who rely on Planned Parenthood each year.
Planned Parenthood is doing everything it can to stop these attacks – including organizing millions of supporters nationwide to contact lawmakers, staging rallies across the country to show just how much we care about women’s health, and more.
But with opponents threatening to shut down the government to get their way, the stakes couldn’t be higher. Planned Parenthood needs our help to win this fight and continue providing health care and education at their nearly 700 health centers nationwide.
I’m doing what I can to help out. I hope you’ll join me by clicking “Donate to my Fundraiser” to make a gift now.
Want to learn more about the impact we’re having by supporting Planned Parenthood?
This is what we’re fighting to protect:
– Planned Parenthood provides nearly 400,000 Pap tests and nearly 500,000 breast exams nationally each year.
– Planned Parenthood provides sexual and reproductive health care, education, and information to 5,180,000 people worldwide each year.
– Planned Parenthood has 59 independent local affiliates that operate nearly 700 health centers throughout the United States, providing high-quality services to people where they’re needed most.
– Planned Parenthood is there for people struggling to access care. Seventy-eight percent of Planned Parenthood health care patients live with incomes of 150 percent of the federal poverty level or less.
– Planned Parenthood is leading the charge for women’s health and rights – advocating at the local, state, and federal level for laws that protect a woman’s ability to make her own health care decisions, and working to expand accessible and quality care.
So please, please donate!! Planned Parenthood treats its patients with unparalleled diligence, care, and respect. They are the best. Thanks so much for reading, and we (Graz, Dave, Ian, and all the rest!) hope to see you there!